Roundtable: Basic Tips to Running an Effective AGM
Maria Bartolotti, ACCI, FCCI, Owner
New Concept Management
- Agenda: The importance of the agenda, what should be covered on the agenda
- Importance of Board Reports: Who should give them, why and what should go into them.
- Code of Conduct: Why it's important, who should develop a code of conduct and what key information should go into the code of conduct
Dionne Levesque, Lawyer
SVR Lawyers LLP
- Motions from the Floor: (and making sure owners knew that if they want something substantial addressed, they have to send it in in advance)
- Importance of reviewing your bylaws: (who/how many can be on the board, casting votes in the event of a tie, etc)
- Dealing with some unique issues in using virtual AGMs: (validating attendees, validating proxies, how to properly use a “zoom” poll)
CANCELLATION POLICY Please note: There are no refunds on cancelled registrations. Registrations may be transferred to another participant at no cost by notifying the Administrator, Elaine Courte, in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. All transfers must be received in writing via email or by mail at least two (2) business days PRIOR to the event. Please note that this policy will be strictly enforced.